Any cool little stories people have noticed thanks to the new upgrade?

cool breeze

Not really stories exactly but Ive been noticing a fair share of neat little things happen because of the upgrade.  Twice now I have had infantry scattered in some buildings come under a mortar barrage, and I would have just kept em in place to ride it out, but a squad jams across the yard through the barrrage, into a sturdier building.  I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING!  But then both times, the building they had been in collapsed right after, and they mostly made it to the safer building intact.  Another time a squad got hit by air burst autocannon, and they turned around so fast only half of em bit it.  

I dont know if its a new thing or not but I was playing Going To Town, and I snuck a bunch of rpg teams forward to give back up to my missile launchers that were also sneaking forward, all into buildings thatll see a couple vehicles, so the rpgs have short cover arcs to not blow the surprise.

But the rpgs, staring a tank down at just 100 m, just lets one lose and penetrates it.  lots of small arms and a Tungsuka open up in return, but the Tunsuka is immediately silenced by another RPG team breaking his cover arc.  small arms return fire causes some supression for the rest of the turn as they then obey the cover arcs, but I dont think anyone died.  Next turn my riflemen came up and pressed the attack for any easy win.  Great job not following my orders boys! 

And finally a small bug report/ observation of oddness, and game finish I noticed my most lethal element, a squad with 12 kills and one tunsuka kill,  had 2!  leaders!? it was down to 6 men, I think the gunner bit it, but no assistant just 2 leaders.  They were split for a while and reformed in a BTR getting ready to charge it.  Any ideas how they might have ended with two leaders?  Upgrade for being such Bad A$$s?  promotion on the field?