4.0 activasion woe...

Just downloaded the 4.0 upgrade for CM BFN (for Windows). Unfortunately when I try to run the game a red box appears over the main menu saying 'License failure-base game 4.0 is required.Please run the Activate New Products utility and enter the license key...'

Ermmm I have downloaded the base game (v4.0, 4gig?) and the Activate New Products page asks me to put a ticket in. What the flip?

I have CM Battle for Normandy BIG BUNDLE and CM Normandy v 3.0 upgrade installed.

Oooops just noticed the Tech Support forum. Please feel free to move...

Edited by Hoops71

22 hours ago, jtsjc1 said:

What was the trouble? I haven't gotten 4.0 yet but just in case I run into a problem.

Because I haven't played CM in a loooong while, I'd forgotten that you needed to activate whatever module you've purchased. I didnt have the 'activate module' shortcut on my desktop so I had to do it by going into the games root folder and activating it there. I did have to re activate the v3.12 again though before I could activate v4.0. I now have the 'activate module' shortcut on my desktop which should make things a lot simpler in future. ;)