Variables

Hello!

I don't found anything in the FAQ: will it be possible to customize some in-game variables? If, for example, I think that spotting is done to easily (even if my opinion is wrong), is it possible to change the parameter, e.g from 100%("realistic setting") to 80%?

Thank you

Fred

(CM was preordered from me and I will use it as a tool for my ww2 rpg campaign)

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Fred and thanks smile.gif

I haven't answered this question before, so no problem with doing so again. We will not make it easy for anybody to screw with any of the variables. We don't want 50 flavors of CM being out there. If something is not realistic, and a case can be made for a change, we will make the change ourselves. The problem here is that you get 10 Grogs in a room and there will probably be 5 conflicting opinions (at least!!), so SOMEONE has to step in and enforce some sort of standard. We aren't saying we are perfect (which is why we will patch when a case can be made), but we are better than the majority for sure smile.gif We are certainly more on the ball than other wargame companies, both paper and computer.

The other reason tweaks aren't allowed is that they aren't "canned". Most are very complex and context sensitive. We don't have spreadsheets of data entries that are all nice and isolated. That is the old style of gaming and it leads to all sorts of game system problems. So even if you did get access to a variable, you would most likely screw up stuff smile.gif

Steve