Big Picture

The details of CM gameplay have been discussed quite a bit on this board. What about the pre-gameplay and post-gameplay part of CM? I guess I am asking about the (planned) overall design and set-up of the game - hasn't been discussed too much on this board.

Like how will the game begin? What menus will we see?

I assume there will be:

-options

-play scenario

-play campaign

-load saved game

-editor

How will the scenarios and campaigns start up? Will it be like CC where you have a certain number of points to spend on units you choose? Or will the units be designed into the scenarios?

What other sorts of options and things will be included in the pre-gameplay?

How about when a scenario ends? Or when a battle during a campaign ends? What sorts of things happen then?

ok - this was kind of random, but I think you get the idea smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

We haven't done up most of the interface you are asking about. That's why we are in "Alpha" smile.gif But I'll take a stab at a few of your questions...

The game will begin with a QuickTime startup movie with music. From there you will be able to select a historical scenario, random scenario, campaign, save game load, or go into the editor. The options for each will come up next.

There is no "point" system like Close Combat, but random scenarios might have a Steel Panthers like purchase system (totally unsure about this!!). You start out scenarios and campaigns with whatever the designer designated. This can be variable to some extent, but again, it is by the designer's hand (i.e. some units can be designated "wildcards" and may appear at setup or perhaps later).

Uh, other than that, dunno smile.gif

Steve