CM:Eastern Front release window

Yes, I know everything about putting your telega before the horse, but ... any idea

how long it'd take you to release EF pack

after CM is out the door? 3-6 month,6-9 ...9-12? Between CM and RTM I'm just about

ready to go into untimely hibernation, to

skip the next few months post haste.

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Greg. The Eastern Front version will be a vastly enhanced and tweaked version of CM. EF is far too complex and rich to toss out as a patch. Expected release is about 1 year after CM's shipping date. Could be less, but not much less. Most likely not more.

Steve

BF / BTS,

Beyond the Eastern Front I would really, really, like to see the CM engine taken into the modern day battlefield. Granted it would be a very large undertaking. Dozens upon dozens of new units and vehicle types, many new countries TO&E's and OB's to consider, helicopters, surface to air missiles, SAMS's, jet aircraft, the list goes on and on. But you will have a very solid game engine and other components already in place. And it would be oh so cool to bring the modern day battlefield and the CM engine together. And if you guys are not interested in doing it would there perhaps be someone else out there that would be willing and capable? Maybe a deal could be struck to license the game engine to an enterprising game developer willing to undertake such a task? Just thoughts, but I would really like to see this happen somehow. I'm sure many others out there would as well.

Regards,

Mike D

aka Mikester

Guest Big Time Software

Mike, there is just soooo much cool WWII stuff to do that we will never get to modern. We are booked solid for 5 years as is smile.gif We have thought about letting someone else use our engine. It is certainly something we are open too, but it would have to be someone we really know could pull it off.

Steve

Game developers start applying ;)

Modern battles would be very cool (but for the greater ranges modelled we'd need to wait for those ultra-fast P6 and 7s that are coming out to give accurate and fast rendering abilities etc.

Guest John Maragoudakis

Well a good candidate would be Major I. L. Holdridge. Maybe he can link Tacops 2 to the CM engine to allow the fighting of battles at different levels of command.

[This message has been edited by John Maragoudakis (edited 05-10-99).]