Barbed Wire

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks! Well, to see barbed wire for yourself, check out the shots we gave Inside Mac Games:

www.imgmagazine.com/news/archives/05_99/05_10_99.html

There is also a description of what this battle was like in a thread here entitled "A couple of new screenshots".

We do have roadblocks and rubble, but no anti-tank ditches as such. However, you can make pretty nasty things by lowering the terrain elevation in a trench like manner. I haven't tried it, but it should be bad news for a tank to try and cross.

No banglores, but engineers do have satchel charges.

Steve

Hey! it's in there, I should have guessed from reading all the previous replies to questions on this board smile.gif Another question: will it be possible to simulate river crossings (sans bridges, of course) in any way? I can understand not having D-day, but it seems like the assaults across rivers were fairly common and would be interesting to play out..

Guest Big Time Software

We have fords and perhaps assaut boats. These will not be the big stuff, just rubber squad sized ones.

Steve

I am very pleased to hear that assault boats are being considered. They will really make battles for bridges more interesting.

With this in mind will swift current rivers be simulated?

------------------

Rhet

Guest Big Time Software

Rhet, probably no currents. Again, coding issue smile.gif However, the Eastern Front version should have this in there. River crossings were an almost daily chore for both sides in that war.

Steve

Oh great, now I have to wait approx. 15 months to cross the Don! smile.gif You guys are real pros at tempting us.

I know this next question is way ahead of its time but... Are new features of the future games (theaters) going to work with the original CM, Beyond Overlord (eg. when currents are incorperated can we simulate Nijmegen). I guess the best way to say this is are these new modules going to be expansions of the "gaming system" or are they going to be seperate games in them selves?

------------------

Rhet

Guest Big Time Software

Future releases, like the Eastern Front version, will be standalone games. There is going to be far too much time/resources put into each one to release them as anything but. Not sure if we can retrofit stuff from later releases into earlier ones, but we will keep our minds open about that while coding up the next one. In theory we would like it if we could.

Steve