Handbook on German Military Forces

This is slightly OT, but since a lot of people will be designing their own scenarios, I feel justified to bring this forward. I've been using the HGMF as a definitive source for German TO&E, but recently I've came across a quirk that stopped me in my tracks. The HGMF classifies most non-tank platforms by the gun they carry (i.e 7.5 cm howitzer (SP), for example). This makes it rather confusing since there are many chassis' supporting the same gun (frex, 7.5 cm L/24 gun can be found on a StuG III, Sd. Kfz 233 armored car and Sd. Kz 251/90 halftrack). Anybody know how to decifer exactly which one appears where?

Guest Big Time Software

It ain't easy wink.gif The main problem is that the Germans had SO MANY different vehicles models and vehicle types. One formation in one regiment might have totally different hardware than another. What we plan on doing is going with the "norm" and let players swap stuff out with more oddball things. Of course, the player can ignore our TO&E for formations altogether and create companies and such from scratch.

Steve