OMAHA AND UTAH BEACH SCENARIOS

Guest Capt_Manieri

Guest Capt_Manieri

Now, I'm a stickler for realism and I was a little disapointed that they weren't gonna make a d-day beach combat scenario. But, now Fionn has told me that it's possible to make a combat scenario similar to this on the mission editor. Isn't that awesome !! smile.gif

Also Scurlock has also thrown in a historical piece of info considering people bitching if the scenario would be too hard and unenjoyable. Pillboxes were at least 1KM apart on the beach. So, if you do make a beach combat scenario, all you really need to place is one pillbox containing 1 to 4 MG42's.

This will be my recipe to make a beach combat scenario on your very own editor.

1: Add a cliff and a pillbox overlooking the cliff. on the sides have Germans with mortars spaced out sporatically as well as infantrymen. Plus put trenchs down for them to run around in.

2: make sure the beach surface below is of a tannish-bleak land scape. For this, substitute sand with a wheat fiel or something tan of the like.

3: Place a body of water at the edge of the screen. You can start the scenario with US or British GI's in or at the edge of the water.

4: Make a dog-1 exit so the allies will have a way off the beach and onto the bluff, so they can go kill some Germans. Place flame thrower teams in the trenches leading toward the pillbox and have the flamethrower boys burn all those Krauts out.

I think I could make this scenario very strategic (and fun) for that matter. Being the grandson of a D-day Veteran I'd like to experience what he went through. I'd also like to show my father this scenario too. (He'd think it's probably very interesting)

This was: Captain Manieri......over and out!

Invasion scenarios are some of my favorites, on any front, Cap'n.

If it can be done, I wish you well. I didn't do a scenario on Dog One, but I did do one on the town of Ramelle, the saga of paratroopers, rangers, and a certain private. That one is indeed a LOT of fun, at least for me...

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

Guest scurlock

When I started being quoted, I had to check my sourses. Tried to attach a D-Day map but couldn't figure out how to do it. One kilometer is a good rule of thumb (especialy for Utah beach), closer at strategic points. However; Omaha beach is a major exception to this rule. There were as many as four strongholds around Moulins, and six stronholds around Viervill in the space of a 1/4 kilometer in each town. There was aproximately 1/2 kilometer between these two groups of strongholds. Another stratigic exit from the Omaha beach, 1/2 kilometer east of Les Moulins also has three strongholds right together guarding it. F and G companies of the 116th regiment landed right in front of Les Moulins, one of the heaviestly defended parts of the beach (four strongholds in close proximity to each other), while companies landing on the eastern side of the beach had things a little easier with only four strongholds over almost a kilometer of beach.

It certainly wouldn't be unrealistic to build a scenario that's winable by the Allies. Just don't try to reinact Vierville or Les Moulins. That certainly would put the "NO" in no fun for the American commander.