GUNGHO!!

Guest titan

Something i havent heard anything about yet,but can tanks run over and kill men.I havent tried it myself yet. smile.gif

------------------

AUCK

New Zealand

Superpower waiting to happen

Guest PeterNZ

Don't start this thread again!

somewhere below there was quite a long discution about running over guys

I think it covered the issue well.

bassically

1) it didn't happen enough to put it in.

2) putting it in will see it happen so much in hte game that it will be unrealistic

go have a sqizz, can't remember name of thread smile.gif

PeterNZ

Yes, listen to your fellow countrymen and don't bring up the topic. Or the one about dead bodies. And if you do I'll call up my sister in Christchurch and send her on over to straighten you out.

Apparently, units can very happily live directly underneath tanks. I had a .30 cal MG exit a tank and fire at the enemy while underneath the tank. It was pretty funny. I got the camera positioned so you could see his head popping through the floor of the tank. I even saved a picture of it.

Jason

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 11-23-99).]

Ok ok, i suppose the head comming through the tanks floor was mine.I'll never ask this question again.I promise ,but please dont hurt me anymore

------------------

AUCK

New Zealand

Superpower waiting to happen

In the movie "Attack," set during the Battle of the Bulge, after being run over by a Tiger, brave platoon leader Jack Palance somehow struggles back to the CP of cowardly company commander Eddie Albert, whose reluctance to engage the Krauts has resulted in the destruction of Palance's platoon. Palance intends to shoot Albert, but drops his 45 and collapses to the floor as he weakens from shock and blood loss. (Evidently being partially crushed by a Tiger does have SOME effect!) Palance crawls toward his dropped 45, but Albert giggles and kicks it a few feet further away everytime Palance gets near it. Another officer in the CP kills Albert with his carbine and says he's going to call the regiment HQ (where Lee Marvin is either the XO or the S3) to report what he has done. Everybody else in the CP then fires his weapon at Albert to convince the officer that he can't be sure he fired the fatal shot.

As I recall the story line, the regiment was a National Guard outfit with personnel mainly from one state. Eddie Albert's father was a judge, and many of the other officers in the regiment wanted the judge's political support.

Anyway, that's a long digression, but at least Hollywood believes enemy tanks can run over friendly troops.