Immobilization

I'd be curious as to how it got immobilized. Was it due to the fact that it was moving through the woods, or did hit get hit by enemy fire? Reason I ask is that I've been wondering how "safe" it is to move vehicles through scattered trees and not have them hit something to throw a track, etc.

Mike D

aka Mikester

[This message has been edited by Mike D (edited 11-02-99).]

Guest Scott Clinton

I was wondering too...

I have been 'hauling arse' around the map rarely going anything other than "FAST" unless I was in "HUNT" mode. Been in a few "Scattered Woods" too and LOTS of turns.

Never tossed a tread. I am sure I will sooner or later (as long as its NOT when I am playing Fionn wink.gif )

I got bogged once in "OPEN" terrain though...what is the long term effect of this? The game ended right after that.

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 11-02-99).]

I am pretty sure the tank was not hit by anything. This is the Reisberg scenario. It is too far back near the back edge of the map. It is out of line of sight of the 88's and there are friendly infantry forward of it. It is in scattered woods. I probably used fast move to get there but didn't intend going into the woods. I was using the woods to block line of sight. The replay only displayed immobilized and I didn't see anyone firing at it. It didn't say anything about track thrown or something permanent. Just immobilized.

I would like to know how to get him unstuck. Maybe I can tow him out with another tank or get a couple of squads to rock him out.

Ken

Guest Scott Clinton

Ken I THINK you are screwed wink.gif

There are "IMMOBILIZED" vehicles and "BOGGED".

Again, I THINK "BOGGED" vehicles may be able to free themselves...but I think an "IMMOBILZIED" vehicle is not moving for the duration.

You may try to 'push' him into a better firing position smile.gif but that prob. won't work and would be a weeee bit gamey IMHO wink.gif

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Yes, so go the fortunes of war. While most tank crews were trained to fix thrown / broken tracks, I don't believe I have ever in 2 years here on the board heard mention that they could be fixed during the game. Other than in between games during a campaign that is! smile.gif

Mike D

aka Mikester

Bogged = Bogged down but can possibly be freed.

Immobilised = Forget about it. They're there to stay.

Immobilised vehicles can be freed in between battles in a campaign but not during the actual tactical battle itself.

I'd imagine that the vehicle simply threw a track. I hadn't known that code was in but Charles has so many things coded in now that its simply impossible to keep track of all the new things he adds.

My guess is that moving fast through scattered trees was what immobilised it.

Pretty cool huh?

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers