POV

CM has a feature which lets you lock the camera behind a unit (tank or infantry) and "rida along" with it. That way you can get very impressive shots over the shoulder of the selected unit. Looks especially cool when riding a tank that is firing on the move...

Guest Big Time Software

Camera "hops off" the unit and sits there ready to be moved again. You can move the camera at any time all the time in any case.

Steve

Ok, So no First Person though?

That kind sucks. Just because it would be neat and a little more aesthetic to have the cameras eyes be the soldiers eyes. I think it would create a stronger sense of environment.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure the game rocks! I mean, I downloaded some of the movies and it really kicks, but being in the film industry for five years has taught me that the most drama that is created is from the eyes, how they look, where they look. Next is sound how they react to what they can't see.

Wide shots and over the shoulders for the most part are establishing shots and are only used to move action along, not create it.

------------------

Sgt. Rock Says " War is Hell, but games are fun "

Sgt Rock - now I know what you mean. No problem to do this in CM - you can simply place the camera a few feet above the ground to get a "first person view". You will see tracers going over your head, the camera will shake when explosions detonate nearby and all that! And yes, the sound is 3D too, so you will get to hear stuff happening around you MUCH louder than distant action.

ESPECIALLY when my Nebelwerfers come in wink.gif

As a special boost to my morale I put my camera in the middle of Martin's village position during Turn 23.

LOL. I swear the screen didn't stop shaking that entire turn. One minute of shaking, "moaning minnies" and huge explanations hehe..

The first person perspective you are talking about Sgt. Rock is what Camera View 1 is for. It totally looks like you are actually at the level of the soldiers eyes and you can rotate left and right to "pan" the camera around (as if you were looking left and right.)

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers