TC Casualties

How are casualties to TCs recorded in a unit's kill listing? In LD I had a mortar round explode quite close to a Stug which promptly buttoned up. It stayed buttoned until it was later destroyed. The mortar which was firing showed no infantry casualties caused. Had the mortar actually taken out the TC, would I have seen '1 casualty caused?'

3 words. Fog of war.

2 words. Imperfect Intelligence.

During a battle a lot of kills aren't certain and so don't appear. I doubt you'll ever know if you killed the TC or merely caused him to button.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I think they aren't, and in fact, that all casualties to crews aren't recorded. If you look around the map at the end, even if all your units have survived, you'll find that the kills recorded for units don't come close to the total casualty scores... The only way I can account for this is that the unit kills records tanks, mortars, and AT guns destroyed, and INFANTRY casualties caused, and nothing else... It might be nice, and probably easy to add, to see 'crew casualties caused' or something of the sort...

-John Hough

Guest Big Time Software

John, you are correct. A crew casualty requires the vheicle to redistribute its crew, and for that they get a morale hit and penalty (not in the demo though).

What I think Richard and Fionn were talking about was knowing why the tank buttoned up specifically. At least the way it is now you MIGHT know that you got a crew member, but it depends on the degree of info you have on the enemy unit. I think this has been added since the demo.

Steve