No motion sickness :)

I found that if I DON'T lock the camera on a unit, I don't feel like doing the old technicolour yawn. But the first time I tried that I got an all too familar sensation smile.gif

Have only played with it for about an hour or so, and it feels rather like playing with 1/256 scale micro-tanks.

Tom

I'm glad you are able to play in other than 2D,Tom.I think playing this is 2D would be a real waste.And I must say,BTS,that placing those M18's on the hill was a dirty trick-as was all that open ground in front of the town I have to cross. wink.gif Great demo,BTW.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Oberly (edited 10-28-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Great to hear Thomas! I honestly had my fingers crossed that this would be the case. Because if it wasn't, there really isn't much we could do.

Yeah, I can TOTALLY see how riding on the back of a unit would be, uhm, uncomfortable for you wink.gif

Steve

Mike Oberly writes:

"I'm glad you are able to play in other than 2D,Tom.I think playing this is 2D would be a real

waste.And I must say,BTS,that placing those M18's on the hill was a dirty trick-as was all that

open ground in front of the town I have to cross. Great demo,BTW."

Hmmm... One my StuG's is moving towards the bridge, the 3 M-18's appear on the hill. 40 seconds later, there are 3 nice burnings wrecks on top of that hill smile.gif. Great game! Ciao,

Renaud

Guest Mikeman

That's great Mr Davies! I'm downloadin' now at 3.33 kbs. About 75 minutes to go. By the way, had no problem using forum link to the download, and no problem establishing good connection to PC version. 3.33kbs is about as good as it gets for me.

Thanks BTS! Maybe now we'll stay off your backs for awhile. This Bud's for you!!

Mikeman out!

hey Tom, glad to hear it.. I actually had my fingers crossed for you that you'd be able to use the 3D snce IMO it does add a lot to the game.

FWIW while I think riding the tanks is fun you can simply stick yourself on view level 2 behind them and watch them move forward and get pretty much the same view.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Fionn: I find that I am sticking to view level 4. That seems to give me the info that I want and I avoid any 'illness'. I did switch to level '1' with squinted eyes when I wanted to find out what KO'd something.

I've tried some bizzare things such as dropping artillery on myself just to see what the system would do; my spotter became shaken, and made a beeline for the nearest building.

I've noticed a few nice tidbits such as; traffic jams (tried rushing some TD's past each other), increasing delays as units stray from HQ's, a Tiger retreating after taking multiple hits, and variable AI deployment (I checked this with fog of war set to off).

To be honest; the only negative is that I would like a selectable list of units that are active, ie....press a hot key and get a list of active units that I could switch to by using the mouse or keyboard (rather like the headquarters function in Steel Panthers).

Nope; no complaints yet.

Tom

"To be honest; the only negative is that I would like a selectable list of units that are active, ie....press a hot key and get a list of active units that I could switch to by using the mouse or keyboard"

Tom,

I had this exact same thought last night. If this is possible BTS, it is something that I think would sure make things a whole lot easier. What I ended up doing is just cycling through the units using the plus and minus keys, but the above suggestion would be a vast improvement IMHO.

Other than that I'll just say once again that this is a great game BTS. You've done an outstanding job overall.

Regards,

Mike D

aka Mikester

Guys,

In Rieseberg get your platoons in front of the village and simply order them to RUN into the houses..

We ALL know a few games that would work in.. Check out the self-preservation instinct in these guys, most will die but those that don't will scatter to the winds looking for cover.

I am SO glad everyone loves it..

Those of you who know me know I can be very, very critical of games but CM just blew me away when I first saw it. Recently I've caught some flak for coming out and saying I liked it so much but I trust that NOW you can all see why I like it eh?

FWIW I agree the "units remaining" is a good idea if it is possible to implement BUT I can see how that would be difficult to implement.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Guys,

You can tell Scott is a wargamer to the core because even when he mispells he uses military terminology,

e.g. instead of faint he wrote FEINT wink.gif

Ps (He's just kidding BTW folks. Scott has a truly evil sense of humour wink.gif. Still, I can use this to my advantage. )

"Scott, I challenge you to a duel of honour on the field of Rieseberg."

Bring your ammo and your FO's cause it's gonna be hot.

Choose your side and send me the PBEM file for setup wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Guest Scott Clinton

Okay,

But you don't have to post the AAR if you don't want to. I would hate to embarrass you too much…just give a day or so to finish the scen solo once. smile.gif

(Feint, faint...damn spell checker! It should KNOW what I meant...No, that was intentional...yeah that's it!)

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 10-29-99).]

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 10-29-99).]

I'm going to put my vote in for some kinda of quick overview screen. Though, I understand something like that may be to much to put in the last in the game. Just a list of all the units remaining would be nice, so you could get a feel for your forces in a glance. It would be even cooler if it was like that shot that Steve posted from the editor, with squads being indented under their HQs, etc... I know it might be a CM2 thing (or at least a later patch), but it seems like it would be a nice feature.