Victory Conditions

BDW

A long time ago Steve said that there would be victory conditions like:

"blow up this bridge" or (for the other guys) "make sure this bridge doesn't get blown up"

is this still the case? will we even be ABLE to blow up bridges?

(Actually, I guess I should call it a "victory factor")

I also always enjoyed the Squad Leader scenarios where you lay the boards out the long way and you have to exit X number of units off the far edge of the map. Those were exciting.

Is CM still going to have these various kinds of things?

Guest Big Time Software

For battles, no. It is a fight to control the flags and perserve one's forces. For Campaigns there are three different victory conditions; Attack, Assault, Destroy. The first two determine the degree of acceptable casualties, the last one the target casualties for the defender (i.e. absolute smile.gif). There is also a parameter setting for "expected progress", so the advance rate is also a factor for victory.

For the shipping version, this is all we have time to do.

Steve

Guest Captain Foobar

Along these lines, I have a question....

How to "stop the bleeding"? If you find yourself losing a scenario, is there any value to abandoning ship?

I currently am in a battle that comes down to 2 choices.

I can fight to the last man, and inevitably run off the field in a panic, OR

I can leave the battle now while I still have forces in tact.

To redirect my poorly phrased question, will I retain a higher victory % if I leave now, keeping in mind that I am currently outnumbered 6 squads to 5, instead of say 4 squads to 1?

Guest Big Time Software

Victory level is determined by the % of surviving forces you have at the end. So if you try for a cease fire now, and it is accepted, then you are likely to be better off if you think the alternative is to be wiped out. Dunno about surrendering. I'd have to ask Charles about that, but he is gone for the weekend. I'll ask him though...

Steve