Intelligence Report

Living in Arizona as I do, I know many people who work for Intel. By next Summer, they will have a 1,000 Megahrtz chip on the market. When I heard this, the first thing I thought of was individual soldiers and brigade-level battles. Just dropping the news, if it is news. :)

------------------

Climb to Glory!

I knew they were coming out with a chip that fast, but I thought it might be a little

sooner than that.

Some of the first things I thought about were that I'm not going to even consider getting a

new motherboard until some faster chips come out than 500 mghz, then I wondered how fast

my new voodoo 3 3500 would be with a 1000 mghz chip backing it up. smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

It's doubtful that the Combat Mission system would hold up well simulating a whole brigade. Well, unless you're a serious micromanager, that is smile.gif . Just think - it'd be (the equivalent of) about 500 squads. Gadzooks that's a lot to command!

But we've been thinking about the future. Sometime, in a couple of years, once Combat Mission is done, we might take a step upward and simulate WW2 combat with units that are platoons or even companies (instead of squads). It would require a certain level of abstraction, of course, but you could then simulate entire divisions locked in battle. We think that would be pretty cool.

And it wouldn't suck like, *ahem*, a certain platoon-level simulation from one of our competitors who won't even let you talk about game flaws without banning you from their message board. smile.gif

But don't get too excited! This is WAAAAAY in the future.

Charles

LOL. I hear you ;) 5 by 5. I'd like that game.

I bought a certain wargame by a certain company simulating platoon-level combat on the non-Western Front which unfortunately took about 45 minutes to figure its moves on my old computer :-( and was buggy as hell. It'd be nice to get a quality release allowing divisional Commander von Kelly (I think it has a ring to it hehe) show off ;)