Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Hey everyone,

I have a couple of questions I am hoping you can answer, I really have tried to find the answers in the manuals and using the search feature but with no luck. Here goes;

1) When playing against the AI, an event took place where the Axis took control of Norway as some sort of event. It said something about Wehrmacht stage 2. How did they do this and what are the triggers?

2) Again when playing against the AI, the axis had another event in Africa. I think it was Rommel arrived and took control of forces there. Do you have to station a certain number of German troops there to have this happen?

Thanks very much for any advice you can give me on this :)

Hi English Ender.

I have to admit that I never really played much of SOE.

But my uneducated guess is that these are scripted events to help the AI which might have else too many problems to invade in Norway / build up a worth African force.

I fear that you won't be able to stop these events, nor will you be able to trigger them while you play the Axis.

I may be wrong, though (see above).

:)

Hey xwormwood,

Thanks for getting back to me :) Ah, I see, that might explain why I have never been able to do the same lol Ended up doing it manually myself this game, to good effect so far.

I do love the SOE campaign, but it is definitely difficult to actually finish off Russia, I'll keep plugging away though and trying to develop new tactics :)