A couple of questions to BFC re: the sounds.

I have a couple of questions about why and how you have picked which sounds the russian weapons use.

First off, I have previously pointed out that the Mosin-Nagant rifle, the Maxim and the SVT-40 share the same sound (gun rifle.wav) but for some reason the SG43 gets its own sound (gun 7 pk.wav=

It would have been much better for modders if the Mosin-Nagant rifle used that sound and the SG43 used the same as the maxim and SVT-40.

Another thing is how you distributed the tank cannon sounds.

For some (to me inexplicable) reason, you gave the following sounds to the following cannons:

76mm Zis-3 and the F-34 (T-34/76 cannon) use the same sound as the 75mm gun on the sherman, something I can understand since they have nearly the same muzzle velocity as the 75mm M3 gun and there are (currently) no shermans in the game. BUT, this sound is also used by the very short 75mm infantry guns. And having a 75mm IG firing next to a 76mm AT gun and sounding exactly the same seems kinda wrong. (interesting note here is that the captured 76mm ZiS-3 guns used by the germans use another sound, that of the 'gun 75L.wav' which is what the KwK 40 is using)

However, the 85mm cannons (both the D-5T and ZiS-S-53) use the exact same sound as the german 88 mm KwK 36 L/56. I think they should have their own sound.

Then there's the D25-T 122 mm gun on the IS-2 and ISU-122. These use the same sound as the 8.8 cm KwK 43 L/71 gun that is on the Tiger II and the Nashorn. Again, I think these should have a different sound since they are considerably different.

You did add 4 new cannon sounds in the game. But only 2 of them are used.

152 is of course used by the ISU-152 and SU-152.

And the 122 sound that you did add is only used by the short 122 mm M-30S howitzer mounted on the SU-122 (a very rarely used vehicle in the circumstances).

The 'gun 100 d-10.wav' I can only assume is in preparation of the SU-100 in later updates because it isn't used by any cannon in the game currently.

But the gun '115 t-62.wav' isn't used by anything I know of in WWII.

Coulnd't you have used the 115 sound for the 122 long?

And maby add one sound for the 85? Or use the 100 sound for the 85 and instead give the 100 d-10 the same sound as the 128mm cannon?

It would help alot if you explained the reasoning behind these choices.

Sidenote: I think the russian 57mm AT gun uses the 'gun 75L.wav' sound which is the same as the germans 7.5cm KwK40 L/48 gun. I'm not saying it's wrong since the 57mm was a high-velocity gun, but it seems to me that it would make a very different sound than the larger bore german gun.