Sound mod request

Bullets have zip sounds as they pass close, its great for emersion - but shells seem to pass by in silence. I'm not talking about incoming artillery which is already in, I'm on about shells fired on map by tanks & guns of medium/large calibre. What would be good is if they too could be heard as a sort of "wooshhhh" as they speed across the battlefield...louder than bullet zips obviously and heard from a greater distance. Close up it would be a sudden loud rush as the shell passes by. From a distance the "woooshhh" could even be left to right in stereo if it was passing left to right from the camera point of view. I realise that tracking a shells path in game and producing a corresponding direction of sound and Doppler effect relative to the camera would be difficult!....so maybe a simple woooshhh would do!

Im guessing "heavy shot trail" is the sound to edit.

No, those are only after-effects applied to the shot sound so that there is a bit of an "echo" after you shoot.

Mostly not used when using mods (since most soundmods have their own echo in the shot).

The sounds you are looking for are in the "zips" folder under the "bullets and shells" folder.

I am 99% certain tho, that I have heard zips from tank gun shells too. However, since they use the same sounds as the small arms do, they won't sound nearly as impressive as the OP would want them to.

No, those are only after-effects applied to the shot sound so that there is a bit of an "echo" after you shoot.

Mostly not used when using mods (since most soundmods have their own echo in the shot).

The sounds you are looking for are in the "zips" folder under the "bullets and shells" folder.

I am 99% certain tho, that I have heard zips from tank gun shells too. However, since they use the same sounds as the small arms do, they won't sound nearly as impressive as the OP would want them to.

OK. :) (and 10 char)

Damm...it seems there aren't any separate "zip" sound files for shells! So...could shells be assigned there own zip (or "whoooshhhhh") sounds by you clever modders out there?

Damm...it seems there aren't any separate "zip" sound files for shells! So...could shells be assigned there own zip (or "whoooshhhhh") sounds by you clever modders out there?

Nope. We can't add sounds for specific weapons or situations.

We can only change the ones that are already there (or add more of those)