Why do vehicles do this?

Tried a little experiment last night - Last defence, played the Axis forces. From turn 1 I 'fast moved' all forces across the river and to the opposite hillside - one 'waypoint' only. Funny thing happens, all troops (if able) will do their darnedest to accomplish this including running headlong into machinegun fire, etc.

The vehicles ran into the first obstacle (usually trees) and stopped without replotting or anything. Weird.

If you have to plot the exact path with several waypoints, could the actual game include an 'option-click' or something for mac-users for doing this? It is fairly exhausting to do this 4 or 5 times for each unit. Thanks!

Guest L Tankersley

buddy, I'm pretty sure the mac version DOES support using 0ption-click for adding consecutive waypoints, while the PC folks can right-click to accomplish the same thing.

Leland J. Tankersley

Guest Big Time Software

Buddy, you can also hold down the mouse button for just second longer and it will toss down a waypoint. I play exclusively on a Mac and don't ever use the Option-Click method as the other is quicker.

ABout Run. Run tells your guys to go for broke in the specified direction. Not something you should be using to get them into the unknown wink.gif

Steve

Steve,

I just saw post on use(less)net about this. It was a request for the option-click being changed to control-click for the Mac. The reasoning was that a lot of people with two button mice already have the second button mapped to control-click for contextual menus. Seemed like a pretty logical request to me. I figured I'd pass it on...

oh, looks like that poster took my advice to put a message up on the boards. He has it under a new subject wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Ben Galanti (edited 11-24-99).]