Two With One Shot

A couple of days ago, I questioned whether MG beaten zones and grazing fire were modelled in CM.

I think I may have answered my own question. I've just banjoed two halftracks with one burst of .50 cal.

One was broadside to the firer, the other was about 40m behind it and slightly offset.

The situation was credible, but most unusual.

I would be interested, if someone knowledgable has got the time to explain it, in understanding how the .50 cal MG model worked to create this event.

Respectfully,

Andy

Andy,

I've seen lots of occasions where an enemy unit will get in between my MG or rifle squad and will take losses to fire which passes through or near its general location.

In one recent game I managed to kill 4 US infantry from 2 separate squads with one burst from an SMG squad. One US squad was running across my line of fire as I fired and had just passed in front of the squad I was aiming at. Hey presto they took casualties.

BTW if you run your own men into the line of fire of your own MGs they will take friendly fire casualties too.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Andy should take this opportunity to start taunting Mike about being a wimp and ducking out of a PBEM game with an obviously lame excuse of a bad ISP. VERY much kidding here wink.gif

Steve

P.S. Sorry Mike, I couldn't resist wink.gif I suppose you could be kicking Andy's butt...

Now Steve, I think we both know Mike and Andy and know how incredibly unlikely it is that Mike could be kicking Andy's butt (metaphorically or literaly... now THERE'S an image for everyone wink.gif ).

Ps guys, remember that taunting is half the battle/fun in a PBEM wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

I killed 3 half tracks with what I believe to be one burst from a .50 cal. The HT's were so close together they actually overlapped. I didn't watch the .50 cal unit so I'm not absolutely positive it was one burst, but in the course of about 15-20 seconds he killed all three. I do know that at least 2 of the HT crews bailed out at the exact same time.

In the Alpha AAR I lost TWO HTs to a single strafing attack so multiple kills from one burst was in way back then. It surely still is in now.

------------------

Fionn Kelly