east front CM?

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Due to the overwhelming superior numbers of the russians on the eastern front, will there be a CM that has the 44'-45' time frame in it?

I mean nobody could defend against those realistic numbers.

Guest Big Time Software

Remember that at CM's level of combat anything is possible. At the operational level the Germans were in big trouble, and that the strategic level BIG trouble, but at the tactical level (CM's level) German forces did quite well against the Soviets even up until the day of surrender. For example, I have some great first hand stories of defending a strip of beach in the Kurland pocket during the last days, and the Soviets paid dearly. And some accounts say the Soviets lost almost a million men in casualties (KIA/WIA) during the final push that took Berlin and ended the war. A similar story on the Western Front from about August 1944 on.

CM2 wil be from 1941-1945 in any case smile.gif

Steve

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

will cm2 be just limited to the eastern front? or will it also include north afrika, western and eastern? like could you pick? one ?

example: pick north africa and western front

or

eastern front for the whole period?

Also: will the sales of CM1 determine the production rate of cm2?

About Sov losses at the battle of Berlin. It seems that many/most were caused due to fighting between Sov units in a rush to reach the city center. Stalin put some real conditions on the Marshalls and that lead to them fighting each other.

It seems that the injured were hurried off to Siberia for recovery and then kept there to keep the secret

This was on History Channel.

MikeT

And some accounts say the Soviets lost almost a million men in casualties (KIA/WIA) during the final push that took Berlin and ended the war.

I have a copy of Krivosheev's "Soviet Casualties and Combat Losses in the Twentieth Century" at hand right now. According to it, the Soviets lost 78291 KIA and 274184 WIA in the Berlin offensive.

Krivosheev compiled his numbers from the casualty reports of the units which may or may not be accurate. I'd tend to believe that the reports were reasonably accurate at that stage of the war. In any case, shortly after the war Marshall Koniev declared the reports to be secret and stated that they should not be published "as long as any of the high ranking Soviet commanders are alive".

- Tommi