Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Colour of War - post for the Aussies out there

Guest KwazyDog

Guest KwazyDog

This slightly off topic post one is for Simon and all the other Aussies that browse this forum. smile.gif Starting on channel 9 last night at 7:30 there was a multi part documentary that I found really interesting called 'Colour of War'. It is a documentary about WW2 going over the leaders, history, including letters to home from soldiers, diary entries, etc, but the really interesting part is that they are focusing totally on colour footage from the day. In the hour long episode last night they showed no B&W footage, just colour and none of which I had seen before.

It was both fascinating and chilling (it makes Hitler seem far too real). For us younger guys I think that it is easier to view WW2 as distant history because we grew up with colour tv, and seeing footage in colour reminds you how real it was.

Anyways, if youve got the time its really quite worth watching. You may or may not learn anything new about WW2 itself, but for me seeing so much colour footage I havnt seen before was fascinating.

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, no Aussie TV, if you only knew what youve been missing out on (JK smile.gif)! Thank god for cable, hehe.

Keep an eye out for it just in case it comes out over there smile.gif Its a new series, just made I believe, so you never know. Im suprised at the quality of the film, if you saw it and didnt know when it was from youd probably guess it was 70's era, not 30-40's. I expected it to be of much less quality.

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, the Paul Hogan show Lokesa, now I havnt seen that in years (probably since I was 10), hehe. I seem to recall finding it a good laugh though smile.gif

CoolColJ, Im up on the Gold Coast, in Queensland. Its on Channel 9 up here, and I think it is the same as what you have in Sydney smile.gif Check out you next weeks TV guide for 7:30 Sunday. My girlfriend spotted it for me, the good girl smile.gif Cost me a bottle of wine and choclates to convince her to watch it as well as record it though, hehehehe. Not the channel Id expect to find it on, but its a very good watch smile.gif