Captured Weapons?

Will it be possible at all to use captured weapons? I'd like to see it. It probably isn't possible to have this happen DURING a scenario--althought that would be very nice smile.gif--but what about between battles in the campaign? Say as the result of picking stuff up after the fight?

I'm particularly interested in US squads being able to pick up panzerfausts. This is because of personal experience. In Desert Storm, my over-sized platoon of 88 guys was divided into 11 independent teams scattered the width of the divisional front. Our total organic anti-tank/bunker capability consisted of 1 box of 6 LAAWs, so naturally not all teams had even 1 of these inadequate weapons. My team was one of those shafted so I set our 1st objective as capturing RPGs. We ended up with several launchers and many rockets for them and they came in very handy a couple times.

There's no such thing as an original idea, however. Seems to me my team was in the same boat as the typical US WW2 grunt squad--no credible anti-tank weapons of its own, faced by numerous enemy tanks and bunkers, and with good enemy anti-tank weapons there for the taking. So I'm sure it occurred to many of them to pick up panzerfausts.

-Bullethead

Oh Oh! Bullethead, people are still having nightmares about the Panzerfaust thread (and don't even mention WP, shhh). Try searching for Fausts or Panzerfausts. But to save you the trouble the answer is no- at least for the first iteration of CM. Though I am biding my time on it for the great debate for CM2 he he smile.gif