More Comments & Questions

Guest frank

More Comments & Questions

Reporting: The more I play the game, the more I think the game needs some sort of report or status screen that can be called up with a hot key. I have seen units disappear/wiped out only to click from unit to unit again and again looking for them. Where is heck is that machine gun crew? Gee did squad 1 have 11 men last turn or only 10? I have to write down the number of men and status each turn to keep track.

1. The game needs a reporting screen, that shows the status of player units.

Platoon A

Team Men WIA/KIA/MIA Status

Squad 1 10 2 OK

Squad 2 6 6 Pinned

Squad 3 0 5 Eliminated

Detailed Weapon view (Enter key) this doesn't show very much.

2. Where are the grenades?

3. Ammo of Secondary Weapons on Tanks?

4. Crew Secondary Weapons (pistols ?)

5. Don't infantry or engineers carry smoke grenades?

Map Size

6. The size of the map in the demo is it the largest or smallest that can be created with the editor?

Thanks

Hello Frank, just a suggestion, but if you press SHIFT-L for Labels and leave them on every time you view the Action Phase you can get most of the info you are requesting. The Label command shows any units that are having problems, low on ammo, gun knocked out, etc...

Frank -

I would say you're getting obsessed by this status screen smile.gif

Funny enough, what you are describing (where the heck is that machine gun crew?) is INTENDED.

Sarge: Where is Johnny with the 50 cal?

Pvt: Uh... dunno... he was over there.

You say you have to write down the number of men and status each turn to keep track. Well, let me tell you something: how about playing one game without writing it down? Try it. Let's see if it makes a difference on the outcome...

2. Grenades are not tracked. A squad has lots of them - and you won't be using more than 5 or so per game per squad.

3. Select the tank and hit ENTER. You'll find the ammo in the detailed unit window.

4. They have them as soon as the big gun is knocked out or when they are close assaulted.

5. There was a long debate about this. Use the search function.

6. The smallest is something like 200 by 200 meters I think. The biggest would be something like 3 by 3 km (IIRC).