PBEM conveinience enhancements

This is my first post, so let me say this to start: GOOD JOB! Love the game! (I've already pre-ordered.)

Now on to the real subject: I just started playing 2 PBEM games. I have an organizing problem in that both games produce the <PBEM File.txt> file. While I can work around this by renaming it would be nice to add a feature to permit the player to name the PBEM file being saved. Don't know how much work this would be, but it seems like you could reuse some of the savegame code that does the same thing.

An even more useful feature would be to allow the starting player to assign a name to the game during setup and then have the program generate unique names for each turn based on it. For example:

I enter "PBEM with Bob" when setting up the game to play email. The game generates files named:

PBEM with Bob - Reisberg German turn 1.txt for my turn and...

PBEM with Bob - Reisberg American turn 1.txt for Bob's turn.

Alternately/Additionally, putting the name/side/turn info in the produced pbem file would be nice.

e.g. something like

----------------- Play-By-Email Data Follows This Line -----------------

----------------- Game Info: Reisberg American turn 1 -----------------

Anyway, these are convenience enhancements only. They don't look too tough to me, but you know your schedule. Maybe CM2?

[This message has been edited by FEBA (edited 11-07-99).]

I know that this was already mentioned by testers before anyone mentioned it here and is being looked into.

I'd like it too for convenience sake but once you get used to PBEM it isn't too big of a problem. I'm running about 10 games and haven't sent any of my opponents an incorrect file yet.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I think you sent me the wrong file Fionn, you were supposed to send me one with a bunch of burning Hellcat's and routed american infantry but...

LOL.

I haven't looked at the file yet and won't until tomorrow morning (going to bed now)...

I've just won one Last Defence scenario as the US.. and am pretty close to finishing another two...

My game with Mattias is getting VERY tense. Battered infantry units and a Tiger are facing two Hellcats and a few battered US infantry in the town itself..

There's smoke everywhere and we've been playing cat and mouse for a few turns now wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers