Infantry Graphics

I've been reading back through several months of posts to this forum and I must say this is one of the most exciting and innovative wargame concepts I have come across. As a miniatures gamer the order-then-simultaneous-

resolution is very familiar and I'm glad its finally beginning to take off on the computer. I'm sure I'll buy this game and my only criticism is largely cosmetic. Its been mentioned before and I know you are unlikely to change at this stage but the infantry graphics don't really do justice to this game. Doesn't affect gameplay, I know, but to us mini gamers I suppose 'spectacle' is half the fun. Lots of time has obviously been put into making the photo-like vehicle graphics (far better than most tank-sims I could mention...). Unfortunately the wierd anatomy and doll-like appearance make the footsloggers 'clash' badly. The German 'Heer' troops look the least convincing with their '39-'40 style jackboots and bare helmets. In 1943 front line 'Heer' troops started receiving laced ankle boots and there were plenty of splinter camo helmet covers and smocks. Have to say the infantry sprites used in M1TP2 were excellent IMO, even close up with the camera panning round.

Perhaps not a major point and just my opinion.

Good Luck!

Guest Big Time Software

Infantry sprites suck wink.gif You'll see what I mean when you play the game for real. We have looked at Panzer Elite and M1TP2 so we can safely say that we know what we are talking about here. The figures can't get any better than they already are because nobody has a computer fast enough for us to make even slight improvements. The textures, in some cases, haven't been finalized, but other than that what you see is what you get.

As far as the ankleboots go, yes, by and large the German troops used these during CM's time period. Well, at least new formations. The SS units have ankleboots already, but we decided to leave the regular infantry with "Diceshakers" on purpose. I'm going to suggest that Volksgrenadiers get ankleboots. This will make it easier for the player to determine the difference between the two a little bit better.

Steve