Woulded and Campaign Question

After beathing the Germans off in Last Defence suffering 17 casualties (4 KIA) I got to wondering...

In campaigns will a small percentage of wounded soldiers become available to fight again (perhaps with reduced effectiveness) I suppose this depends on what the wounds are. If they are only really serious hits then probably not, but if things like grazing arm shots are counted, then in a couple of hours some soldiers might be able to re activate. Never having been shot at, I would think even a slight graze would drop you out of the fight for a while, but not for hours or days.

If anyone knows what type of injuries the ones in CM are let me know.

- Bill Carey

I know that the casualties shown for each team during the game actually represent combat inefectiveness. This can mean dead, wounded, cowering, scared ****less or whatever (one of the reasons for no crosses, bloodstains, bodies, or what not) I've never compared the number at the end of the game to how many casualties each unit shows though... I assume it's the same. Steve said in a post a while back that a percentage of the casualties will return (25% maybe?) for the next battle in a campaign. I think this also depends on who holds the battlefield after the battle. The victor will get more units back then the loser.