Chipping in on the interface

Just a few thoughts on another thread that was getting pretty long:

1) I agree with whoever said that it would be more convenient during the setup phase to drag a unit where you want it to be rather than pressing 'm' and moving it. The forced choice of rotation at that juncture is annoying also. If I want to rotate it after placement (usually not), I can do it manually.

2) The hot keys are a great idea and I use them constantly, but I think a perfect complement to this would be the provision to remap them. I'd love to use the arrow keys for fine movement control as recommended, but they're on the other side of the keyboard, so I've either got to take my hands off the number keys (for the views) where they almost always are, or off the mouse to get at them. If they were remappable, everyone could come up with their own preferred configuation.

3) When assigning waypoints, it would be nice if you could just keep clicking to place the same type of movement markers rather than having to keep pressing the appropriate hot key to do so. Seems like I read that this could be done, but I can't for the life of me discover how. Is it in there already?

4) The two up or down arrows are nice, but haven't proven very useful to me. I usually spend the game switching between camera 3,4, and 5 with an occasional 1 and 2. I'd rather see these arrows pivot the camera up and down, performing the same function as the shift-a and shift-z functions. Someone else also mentioned that the camera can be stepped down 10 notches, but only up 2. This is true, and not so good if you want to look uphill. A smooth scroll with a remappable key combo would be better.

Don't worry, I'll keep 'em coming... ;)

Ian

Ian

Question number 3:

Right click (or, is that? Option click on the Mac).

Lets you continue the placement of movement orders. Works like a charm.

What forced rotation is that in question nr. 1?? Never been forced to rotate anything during setup myself.

M.