Hmmm, Close Enough? (pic)

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Sooo, do you think this is close enough to shoot?!?

SPOILER: IF IN A BLIND GAME OF CHANCE ENCOUNTER DO NOT SCROLL DOWN!!!!

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

close_enough.jpg

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-24-99).]

Which reminds me - I was going to bug BTS for some more drastic graphics for knocked out (but not burning) tanks.

I am not asking for much... Even a big black mark on the dead tank would be sufficient.

But Steve or Fionn will surely tell me why I am, in fact, asking for TOO much smile.gif

Guest KwazyDog

Actually, i can tell you that one BDW smile.gif It would basically double the amount of VRAM needed for vehciles, because for every vehicle you would need not just one set of textures as it is now, but two.

This would really push up the used VRAM, and would make the downsampling of graphics Steve mention in another post much more common....Hope this helps wink.gif

Well no, not realy Laurie

As far as i can see, the Sherman has no LOS at all. 1st there's a hill blocking his view, and if it weren't for the hill, there's a nice knocked out Sherman too smile.gif

It also looks as the Stug is a goner too, it's turret seems to point to the ground a bit to much (could be the pic though).

Anyway, if it's alive, the LOS is kinda bad. You might however make sure the Sherman rotates the next turn though smile.gif

PanzerShark

Guest Madmatt

Actually, for the record...BOTH tanks were knocked out. That KOA'd Sherman and it's buddy (in the back shooting, seconds before a 'schrek ended his life! wink.gif) had actually taken out that StuG higher up on the hill, during the fighting one Sherman actually SHOVED the dead StuG down to this spot (several meters!) and seemed to try and use it for cover. Ummm it didn't work. smile.gif Another StuG ended the scene quite dramatically! Man, armor battles with CM are just too intense!

Madmatt out and coming soon: MY FIRST FAN SITE DEDICATED TO COMBAT MISSION, actually my first (personal) website!