Sunday Night CMHQ Update! You Won't Believe Your Eyes!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Sorry about this running a little late for those of you over the big pond but I was ummm BUSY doing some ummm STUFF!!! Don't worry you'll 'hear' about it soon enough! Anyway, here is whats we gots!

NEW FEATURE!!! NEW FEATURE!!! NEW FEATURE!!!

ok, You get the message yet? There is a New Feature up and everyone in the this Forum can give themselves a giant pat on the back because most of the changes in this one came DIRECTLY from input and discussions right here! Tonight I bring to you: IMPROVED ARTILLERY!!! Spotting rounds, tweaked barrage patterns, FO visibilty effects, they are all in there and you can see them in a beautiful series of pictures by going to:

combathq.thegamers.net

Madmatt out and taking a much deserved breather...Well until tomorrow wink.gif Night all!

Guest Madmatt

Bullethead,

I was thinking that this got covered in the thread 2 weeks ago regarding FO's but after doing a search I discovered that you were in fact the one who was contributing the most to that thread and it was VT fuses that were confirmed to be in and not mechanical ones. Perhaps someone a little more informed on CM could jump in and clear the issue of mechanical fuses (and their inclusion) for us!

Thanks,

Madmatt smile.gif

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-13-99).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>you were in fact the one who was contributing the most to that thread<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps in volume smile.gif but Los was better for content.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Perhaps someone a little more informed on CM could jump in and clear the issue of mechanical fuses (and their inclusion) for us!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'd sure like to know about that. Also, what about calling for a specific number of rounds of FFE instead of the continuous barrage?

On that subject, perhaps there could be a distinction between arty and mortar FOs as regards number of rounds of FFE. Los and others (whom I take to be real grunts) said the continuous barrage is appropriate for mortar immediate suppression missions, such as from the grunt battalion's big mortars. OK, fine, but in the arty we always shot a specific number of rounds even for immediate suppression. I'd assume this was true in WW2 as well.

-Bullethead