More scenarios like the 1870 Franco-Prussian War

From my view the 1870 Franco-Prussian War scenario is a great initiative.

The wars between 1800 and 1900 one of my passion and it would be great to see more like this. But i understand, every round based game which is not ww2 or ww1 is hard to sell.

Just a thougth , i would be willing to pay for such games and maybe also

more people. Maybe its possible to to find enough interested people for a project which pay a part of the price of the game before released.

As i said , only a idea.

The war between danmark and prussia and the 6 weeks war between

prussia and austria would fit good to the 1870 Franco-Prussian War.

I agree, WW1 SC is my favourite game of the series so far - I think that the WW1 gameplay is actually more fun than the WW2 gameplay! And the new scenarios in Breakthrough are awesome as well.

And I was also thinking that going even more back in time might actually work out very nicely.

For example: 7 years war game! It would need some change of game mechanics, though.

One of the things which make modern wars different from those of the 19th century and before that, is that in the 20th century armies became so large that it was actually possible to cover all territory between opponents.

While the wars before that were the wars of movement, which emphasized some battles with the intention to totaly destroy one or maybe two or three enemy enemy armies, wars of 20th century were for terrotory control, where many battles occured each and every day.

There should be a REAL change of mechanics to reflect that... I really don't know if it's worth it, SC engine is better off with WW1 and WW2, although franco-prussian war scenario seems good, but it is widely regarded as "the first of modern wars" by some.

I get that, and propably you are right and that is the reason why we will never see a SC of a time before at least 19th century. The earlier wars are just too different.

But I don't think it's impossible to do, low troop count on a big map will force bunching up to take one location, which will then again lead to the decisive battles - instead of a continous front. At least that's how I imagine it to work.

Maybe one day there will be a game like SC for earlier wars... one can dream, no? ;)

Hi Bob, a 7 years war global campaign you can find in the free game

"Field of strategie ". If you dont find it in the net drop me a message

i"ll give you the Link.

I had in mind to create scenarios for SC but the less free time i have i need

for my People General Projects.

If you want a 7 years war game for SC i think its possible but you have to

create it.

You have to learn how to create a scenario and you have to find a person

which creates units and buildings. Much work but not impossible.

But there is also a easyer way.

There is a game, roundbased, calling Medival 2.

Modders created a 7 years mod but they didnt creat scenarios for it.

Everything is ready in this game, you could imedately start creating scenarios.

If you need more informations drop me a mail.

michaelnowak@onlinehome.de

Micha

Maybe the game designers could suggest several campaigns, and players could pre order them.

Once a certain number of pre-orders got in, the designer could start his work and charge the pre-order crowd.

Pre-orders should offer a benefit. Either a better price, or a beta-test invitation, or some other goodies.

More or less a little brother of Kickstarter.