How the AI treats the new units

I am looking forward to trying out the new units when I port my Gold scenario Axis Triumphant to the new map. In thinking about this it would be helpful to know if the AI has any preconceptions about how the new types should be deployed. For example in Gold the AI works on the assumption that a Garrison unit is the best to use for defending important cities (of course it actually is not), it also assumes that a rocket unit is best used to cause strategic damage even if it has been given combat value characteristics to represent a Kamikaze attack. Another example is that if a bomber unit in Gold is given long range recce capability with good spotting over sea tiles the AI still thinks it should be used for bombing land resources.

So my question is does the AI have some built-in bias concerning how the new units should be used regardless of the CTVs they may actually be given in the editor? I realise that it would be very difficult to program an AI to really comprehend differences in ctv's so I am expecting that it must have a bias. I am interested to know what, for example, will be the typical roles assigned by the AI to Light Tanks and Cavalry and CVL's e.g. will CVL's be expected to be CVE's to be deployed versus subs?

One final example - in Axis Triumphant I used the A/T unit to represent a Tank Division whilst the Tank Group was effectively an Armoured Corps. My impression of the AI use of my Tank Division unit was that it seemed to prefer to use it in a defensive role which would be right for an A/T unit but not so good for a tank division.

Regards

Mike