Now, where was I.....

Hopefully this hasn't been covered before. If it has, I missed it. Sorry.

Someone on the newsgroup comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (Puddle??) mentioned this and I think it sounds like a good idea.

Imagine this: You're in your favorite 'overview' position where you can look at the whole battlefield and still retain some detail as to what is going on. Suddenly that sherman starts to move towards the open ground in plain LOS of your Flak-88. To get the feeling of impending doom you click the sherman and hit 'tab'. Camera locks to the sherman and your spirit soars as the turret stops turning towards your Flak-88 and tilts to the left. Another americanishe panzer down! Now where was I.....

How long will it take you to get the camera back to your good 'overview' position? With a bit of practice it won't take more than 5 sec, depending on how picky you are. Wouldn't it be a great idea to be able to get back with a keystroke? Save certain camera positions with 'Alt' + number and get back to that position with 'Ctrl' + number, for example?

Sten

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... and it was still about 20 threads down when I found it smile.gif Not a bad idea, I'll pass it along.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 11-05-99).]