Naval Enhancement Suggestions

It is a bit cheeky to suggest enhancements to AOD when I haven't even tried it yet but my own Axis Triumphant scenario has shown me an issue that might be relevant to AOD. I am assuming that because of the increased size of the map there will be more naval units to manage in AOD. I have quite a lot of naval units in Axis Triumphant and it is easy to lose track of which might be getting low on supply. I would suggest that there should be some way of highlighting ships getting low in the same way that AOD now indicates units that can take elite reinforcements.

The second suggestion is somewhat related and occurred to me because I have recently been researching the Arctic Convoys for a talk I was giving. This research reminded me how short ranged destroyers were because the convoys had to take fleet oilers along with them to refuel the destroyers. In Strategic Command the range of ships seems to be more determined by their relative speed thus DD units are not usually given short ranges. If it is easy to do, it might be an idea for supply degradation to be used to cater for range as well as combat for naval ships. Thus any DD more than so many squares, possibly 10, from a port would have its supply cut by 4 - I am not sure about the number of squares because I would need to see the AOD map and judge the implications. I would want a DD to be able to get across the North Atlantic in a couple of turns but it would not be able to hang about in the middle of it for too long. Perhaps increasing levels of naval technology might reduce this penalty to, say 2, to reflect ship to ship refuelling.

Regards

Mike