map building

Guest aaronb

Lokesa,

CC3 contains a fudge whereby ALL units within 6 metres of a building edge wall can be seen from the outside regardless of true line of sight. To illustrate this let me say that a man hiding in the middle of a 5.9 metre by 5.9 metre square building with NO doors or windows is visible to ANY unit which can draw LOS to ANY point on that house.

Having such a complex map editor in a game with such huge flaws would be pointless and frankly the game doesn't deserve the devotion of people like you who would spend hours making new maps which, due to flawed design, result in ahistoric results.

Guest Big Time Software

Moon, you can rotate the buildings to some degree. Houses can be positioned in 8 different ways, but the larger buildings can not be diagonal. This is because they would cross over edges of other squares. So if you feel that you need to have lots of diagonal big buildings, simple rotate the map you are trying to make 45 degrees and you will be all set.

Steve

Guest Lokesa

Thanks Steve for the excellent explanation, 3D doh! when you put it together for us of slower wit wink.gif it makes complete sense, never thought about the level of abstraction part.

Fionn, yeah, CC3 lasted about a week on my hard drive, I reloaded it once and tried to get into it thinking maybe I had just got myself to pumped up for it prior to release but to no avail. The editor we planned kind of fell apart when we found out the game blew smile.gif You know what bothered me the most was how much input we offered Atomic (deaf ears) I like that BTS are wargamers themselves, and much more responsive I might add.

PS I joined up with Dewights 99th infantry, we'll have to play some regiment games. (Look for "Darwin")

Hehe the 99th eh?

I killed a few of your regiment-mates earlier this afternoon Yawn ;).. One of them was great. I had pinned one guy and his backup who was safe behind a wall just started running. I'm not kidding when I say he ran half a map before running into one of my team's ambushes hehe ;)

Guest Lokesa

Yeah, I was looking at our player list and one of the guys averages just over 1 kill a game LOL we have a few good players like me though smile.gif and I will take us to victory!