Have a more specific release date yet?

Well, since it's getting close to the home stretch, can you guys provide a more specific date than "late summer"?

Also, I see that pre-ordering international folks can dispense with the poster and get an $8 discount. Can a "domestic" buyer get in on this option as well? Frankly, I'm not much for posters of any kind (I'm a functionalist).

Thirdly, I haven't seen anything in the web site about Big Time Software itself. Is it true that this game has only two people (Charles & Steve) working on it? If so, that would indeed be amazing!

Lastly, why does the Battlefront frame graphic have a bunch of soldier raising a flagstaff (i.e. the Iwo Jima pose)...with a skull-n-crossbones flag on top?! Is this really the message that they want to convey to their potential fans, that piracy is "in" at Battlefront??

Anyway, hope to see the culmination of your work soon.

J.D.

Guest Big Time Software

We are going to make some sort of better guess when we hit Beta. That should be in a month.

There is no specific offer to get $8 instead of poster. It would be hard to do it too, as the people diong the shipping are being told that every domestic order goes with a poster. I could try and see if it would be possible to special case it, but am thinking that in the chaos of shipping all the preorders as fast as they can that a "note" tagged to the order will be missed.

Big Time Software is actually just Charles. I'm just along for the ride wink.gif There are a few others helping us, of course, but it is on a part time as needed basis. The game itself is basically just the two of us, with Charles being the lead designer and only programmer. Dedication, talent, and long hours can do wonders!

The Jolly Roger is there to symbolize Battlefront.com's "attack" against the status quo. Of course the flag, like all symbols, has different meanings to different people. If you haven't checked it out yet, look at the stuff in:

www.battlefront.com/about

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 06-05-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

More stuff should be on the way, but we are VERY busy with some internal stuff right now. Went to bed at 9am this morning and got up around 11am...

Steve

Ouch, hours like that are painful. I better be getting used to it though. Going on a photo shoot starting the end of next week, and because of the long days this time of year it will probably mean in bed by about 12:00am and up by 4:00am. On the good side, I will be able to get photos of Mountain Lions, Wolverines etc.