MAC version Screen getting corrupted.

When playing the Barkmann & Huzzar scenarios I have issues with the screen getting corrupted. Tress and buildings start to spin and the buttons on the panel below start to disappear. I managed to play the roadblock senarion with no problems but these two larger scenarios become unplayable. I have not yet tried other scenarios.

I am using the MAC version, has anyone else had similar problems. It is very frustrating. I was thinking of buying the other versions but seems no point if the MAC version does not work.

My MAC is only a year old and have had no problems playing other graphic intensive games such as Call of Duty.

I have a ticket with the support desk but so far they been no help.

Any help appreaciated.

I have had experiences where the zoom starts to go forward and then spin at an amazing speed. I can change direction but then it just goes to the opposite side of the map.

The only way I can get it to stop (and I can never remember which) is to try holding command and shift or some other variation of keys on the lower left of the keyboard.

Don't know what triggers it, but it is very odd and very annoying. Only happened in CMBN, v1 and v2. Doesn't happen as much though.

Hm. I'm on a 2011 iMac and have never seen anything like what you mention. I have experienced a few minor graphics artifacts with shadow rendering and the like, but these have largely disappeared as patches have improved the graphics performance of the Mac version.

I haven't opened Barkmann or Huzzar recently, though, so if there's some sort of issue related to these scenarios specifically that originated in once of the more recent patches, I might not have experienced it yet. I'll try to remember to open them up tonight when I get home and see if I have any issues.

Your issue might be unique to a certain Mac hardware profile, or possibly OS version -- could you post your system details so we can compare?

Received solution from support, seems to fix the problem(no idea why!)

There has been one user who reported that installing the 'shader files' that come with the CMFI Hotfix resolved his issue with a 'spinning horizon'.

CMFI Hotfix:

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/100120/combat-mission-fortress-italy-patch-1-00-1-hotfix

You will want to copy the two files from the 'new shaders ATI' folder to your game's 'Data' folder. This will require opening up the 'application bundle'. To do this go to your CMBN folder in the Finder and highlight the CMBN game icon. Click on the 'gear' icon at the top of the Finder window and select "Show Package Contents". Now browse to the following folders:

./Contents/Resources/Data

Copy the two files into this folder. Run CMBN again and enable the shaders within the game (Option-R, I believe). Hopefully this will (surprisingly) stop the spinning that you're seeing.

And it worked? Great! Sounds like there's an incompatibility between your card and the original shader. I'll look into it. Great to hear that the improved shader (which is what the shader "hot fix" is) helped!