Voting With Dollars

I pre-ordered Combat Mission today. This was an easy decision, since the game looks great and covers WW II, one of my favorite topics. Also, since it's being developed by individuals who care about the subject and it's being distributed by an independent company focusing on quality wargames, I know that it will be well-supported (unlike titles from the large game companies who care less about the subject matter than the bottom line).

However, there are other computer wargames out there that are developed and distributed by similarly dedicated individuals and companies, but which lack the nifty 3D graphics of CM and which cover less-common periods than WW II. If you have even a moderate interest in well-crafted wargames in these settings, such as tactical modern armor or 18th Century cavalry and firearms, I suggest that you support the designers and distributors by considering their products instead of a less-well done product from one of the "big guys." Your money will mean more to the independents and will give you a better playing experience.

Wendell

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Wendell, thanks for your support. Yup, anybody that has something wargamey to offer, which is worth plunking money down for, deserves support. The Big Boys can make some great stuff, but boy do they make a lot of utter crap smile.gif

Steve