Scenario Posting Question

Artofwar

Made a scenario using a stock Quick Battle map - used the maps AI also - just changed a few map buildings some hedges ect. Then added in a Company of units for each side.

so is this a violation if I post this Scenario. Is my license gonna get fried. Is the government going to make me register my computer and get rid of my massive harddrives.

thanks - Seriously though is this allowed to do when making and posting a scenario >?????????????????????????????????????? :confused:

Its fair game to take original in-game scenario content and alter it and then release it as a mod, or even as another battle. Thats what the scenario editor is for. If you think people may like your scenario modifications, then they would be happy to download it. Just be descriptive in your posting as people like to have information before the dl.

If you are taking a posted mod, or someone else's after market scenario and altering it, it may be best to be considerate and get permission from the originator first. Some people are possessive of their work, although its not like its enforced if you rip it off and call it your own. OTOH Some folks consider their work open domain.