running out of ammo.

I have a squad that has run out of ammo and the battle i am playing has no trucks or the like in it to re supply . It's a two and half hour scenario that i downloaded (Amfreville). Is it possible to get ammo from other squads or scavenge from fallen soldiers ? I still have a way to go and quite a few troops getting very low on ammo. Its a great map and battle but two and a half hours of constant contact and no re supply is a strain on resources ..

I have a squad that has run out of ammo and the battle i am playing has no trucks or the like in it to re supply . It's a two and half hour scenario that i downloaded (Amfreville). Is it possible to get ammo from other squads or scavenge from fallen soldiers ? I still have a way to go and quite a few troops getting very low on ammo. Its a great map and battle but two and a half hours of constant contact and no re supply is a strain on resources ..

Your options are limited. Full out ammo sharing (i.e., transferring ammo from one unit to another) is not allowed in CM. There have been many prior discussions here on the forum as to why this limitation exists and whether it is is a good thing or not. However, you do have a couple of options:

1) Yes, you can scavenge ammo from WIA/KIA. Simply place the unit in the same action spot as a friendly casualty, and the unit will start to perform "buddy aid" as long as they are not under fire. Units will usually pick up some of the ammo from a casualty when performing buddy aid.

2) Units of the same platoon only will share ammo if they are within 2 action spots of each other. This is automatic and only happens once a unit is completely out of ammo -- if you watch the ammo counts in the UI, units of one clip at a time will "magically" transfer from a sister unit to an out-of -ammo unit nearby, allowing the out-of-ammo unit to keep shooting..

2) Units of the same platoon only will share ammo if they are within 2 action spots of each other. This is automatic and only happens once a unit is completely out of ammo -- if you watch the ammo counts in the UI, units of one clip at a time will "magically" transfer from a sister unit to an out-of -ammo unit nearby, allowing the out-of-ammo unit to keep shooting..

This works also for onboard mortars, btw. When i first read this i though this would only concern small arms ammo.

another option is to enforce fire discipline with target light / target briefly and restrictive cover arcs.

this is close to RL: as a soldier/squad/platoon leader you would be very much aware of the limitations of your ammo loadout and try to make the best out of what you have. E.g. in RL we sometimes had just about 120 rounds for each assault rifle without much resupply for a mission so this would sometimes make you think twice before opening fire on a target.