Pretty clear there is a bug using US Army Engineers in blasting

No problem with USMC and Brits. But no matter how you line up the US Army Engineers on a wall it's problematic at best. I used all the tricks, facing the wall, blast way point before wall, over the wall on the wall. They aren't reliable. I doubt the bug will be fixed-just throw it our there anyone doing a search on this.

Ok stand corrected-not a bug.

At a minimum for the US ARMY Engineers -if you build a scenario use the following settings after you purchasers your Engineers.

EXPERIENCE=Veteran

MOTIVATION=High

FITNESS=Fit

LEADERSHIP=+1

SUPPLY=Full

EQUIPMENT=Average

VEHICLE STATUS=OK

Anything less and they will screw up when you need them.

I was playing the Scenario Blasting Angels-but the Engineers were worthless sometimes they worked other times :mad::mad::mad:

Sooooo I used the higher settings above on 2 other scenarios with higher Engineering settings for USMC and Brits that I modified from Blasting Angels and the U.S. Army Engineers were consistent in blasting walls like the Marines and the Brits. :)

No problem with USMC and Brits. But no matter how you line up the US Army Engineers on a wall it's problematic at best. I used all the tricks, facing the wall, blast way point before wall, over the wall on the wall. They aren't reliable. I doubt the bug will be fixed-just throw it our there anyone doing a search on this.

What do you mean? I never had any trouble (as far as I remember). What are they doing different than the USMC and Brit counterpart?

Well the settings are different for the US Army Engineers unless I changed them from way back when I downloaded the original scenario (over a year ago). But the file I had the US Army Engineers only blew a wall about 50% of the time. I upped the settings in my modification of the scenario in the Scenario Editor purchase screen with the USMC and English Army Engineers always work. So I used the settings I posted.

No problems.

Did a search on blasting and saw various strings on it. Thought it was my placement of soldiers-or the blasting waypoint. It wasn't. The US Army Engineers had a lower setting in my scenario file.

Well the settings are different for the US Army Engineers unless I changed them from way back when I downloaded the original scenario (over a year ago). But the file I had the US Army Engineers only blew a wall about 50% of the time. I upped the settings in my modification of the scenario in the Scenario Editor purchase screen with the USMC and English Army Engineers always work. So I used the settings I posted.

No problems.

Did a search on blasting and saw various strings on it. Thought it was my placement of soldiers-or the blasting waypoint. It wasn't. The US Army Engineers had a lower setting in my scenario file.

I have nothing to do with BFC, but can you post your scenario with the settings you are having problems. I still don't understand what is not working for you.

I just tested it, and my conscript Army Engineers work fine, is there something special in your scenario.

Well they are someone scenario I modified so I can't publicly post them for download. Buy I can zip you up the Marine and British Army variation plus the one that gave me trouble. Just PM me your e:mail.

The settings that don't give me what I want are below-changes in red.

EXPERIENCE=Regular

MOTIVATION=Normal

FITNESS=Fit

LEADERSHIP=+1

SUPPLY=Full

EQUIPMENT=Average

VEHICLE STATUS=OK

Thanks for the YOUTUBE.

Nope same problem. I tried your approach 3 prong attack and it was hit or miss-tried facing the troops . Didn't work. I modified the mission with the higher suggested settings and it worked just like your Youtube-no problems Just pointed them in that direction with one long QUICK waypoint-laid a BLAST waypoint a bit beyond the wall and it worked like magic with no fuss on my part.

My original ShockForce was on a Paragon disc-not a download. I have all the modules and it's patched to 1.32.

Thanks for the YOUTUBE.

Nope same problem. I tried your approach 3 prong attack and it was hit or miss-tried facing the troops . Didn't work. I modified the mission with the higher suggested settings and it worked just like your Youtube-no problems Just pointed them in that direction with one long QUICK waypoint-laid a BLAST waypoint a bit beyond the wall and it worked like magic with no fuss on my part.

My original ShockForce was on a Paragon disc-not a download. I have all the modules and it's patched to 1.32.

Are you saying that your engineers are not blasting the walls? Can you give a save-game where you reproduce this problem. A save-game where one can see the orders you give? Right now your description is very confusing and vague to be able to reproduce what you are seeing.

To be honest I really don't think it's a bug, put more of problem how you are placing the waypoints. Also, you do realize that you need to be about one action spot away from a wall for the team to be able to blast the wall? That is, place the quick waypoint close enough to the wall and then place the blast waypoint?