AI Cheat?

I am assuming from all the good things I am hearing about the AI that it will not be resorting to unrealistically overwhelming numbers. Is this a correct assumption?

This is an all too common method to make the AI better in other games. Getting beat because you're outplayed is one thing, but it's a bummer to get beat when you're outnumbered 10 to 1 and the enemy just using the successive waves to overwhelm you tactic.

Guest Big Time Software

We might allow the AI to buy more/less stuff in a Design Your Own scenario (i.e. the random, on the fly ones), but this would be the player's option. The AI's decision making abilities will also scale up and down depending on the AI setting. Under no circumstances will the AI magically receive extra reinforcements without you wanting it too.

Steve

Good to hear.

I was of course thinking of SP when I made this comment. You are probably aware that the campaigns and random battles come with huge numbers of enemy tanks, which come at you in endless waves. This problem gets quickly ridiculous when the enemy is a nation that has equipment that doesn't take many points to purchase. I've had games where I had a platoon of M1s and one of mechanized infantry against maybe 60 T80s with supporting mechanized infantry. Seems like the best one can hope for in this situation is to cause heavy casualties to the enemy, but victory is virtually out of the question.

This "platoon against the world" thing also reminds me of M1 Tank Platoon II.

Fun game, but I did get tired of having a single platoon with the orders to stop an entire Motorised Rifle Regiment. Worse still, a single platoon and orders to *advance*against an entire MRR. If I was lucky they gave me couple of SP mortars and some scout HUMVEEs.

It may have made sense from a game balance POV, but that didn't make it any less silly.

(Still, watching A10s and Apaches help you take out an enemy battalion or two was cool for while.) smile.gif