Interesting Graphics Quirk - Any Fix?

I've encountered an interesting graphics problem that is undoubtably due to either:

- the fact that my machine's spec (P1 166 MMX)is extremely marginal for CM (although, apart from this cosmetic bug, the game seems to run fine), or

- I'm running the game using Japanese Windows 95.

Basically, the graphics representation of roads and water terrain is screwed. Icons of the correct type are displayed but not the exact icon of that type appropriate to the tile's immediate surroundings. Thus, diagonal roads do not appear to be continuous but appear as a staircase of horizontal road icons climbing away to the left or right. The lake in the Riesberg scenario is not a continuous body of water but a patchwork of discontinuous icons that do have some water in them.

I know this is a computer specific problem because a saved game file displays perfectly well on a mate's higher spec machine. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to fix it before my planned computer upgrade at Xmas :)

Respectfully,

Andy Brown

Guest Big Time Software

Hello Andy,

This is *probably* a driver problem. Each driver treats the tiles differently when mapping them. Yup, now you can see why our lives are so easy in the game development community frown.gif I've never heard of or seen one as extreme as your case. Could you send me a screenshot please, along with your card's specs? Also, make sure you are using the most up-to-date drivers.

Steve

steve@battlefront.com