Demo instructions

One thing that I do hope for, is that there will be sufficient info supplied with the demo with regards playing the game. I have been surprised at the number of demos that I have downloaded that have very sparse instructions supplied with them- I guess I am not very clever when it comes to interfaces, no matter how "intuitive" they seem to everyone else. One demo that I downloaded about six months ago did not even have the keyboard commands listed- that was a little too little for my liking! Rogue Spear has all these graphics selections to make the game run/look better on slower machines, but where one uses what, where, is not described- it is a laborious trial and error thing, as you have to go clear back out to the main screen and restart after each change. I guess in some ways, the amount of info supplied with the demo can have an effect on the piracy issue- spill all the beans with the demo, and the rest of the game can be figured out too easily by the wrong people?

[This message has been edited by Kevin Peltz (edited 09-25-99).]

I think the controls in CM won't be very hard. You might have some buttons to rotate the camera, but these are (i believe) also in the bar at the bottom of the screen. You probably will play 90% of this game with your mouse. Then again, i haven't played it...so don't take this for granted.

The hardest part of the game will be figuring out what weapon does what damage to what vehicle. I don't think BT will be doing a big manual full of info on each unit used (it's in the game already), also because most people here know what happens when a Tiger meets a Sherman.

Take care.

PanzerSHark

If you can use a mouse and arrow keys you have 95% of the functionality you need.

If you can use the mouse to click on the hotkeys button in the middle of the bottom of the screen and can read the list of hotkeys and their functions you have the other 5% wink.gif.

It's VERY easy to use.. You could play CM without a keyboard at little loss. After a while you use the keys to select between LOS tracing, aiming, selecting run, walk or crawl etc since its quicker but if you didn't have a keyboard you could play quite happily with just the mouse..

This one won't be at all difficult to figure out Kevin wink.gif. If Martin can understand it anyone can LOL wink.gif.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers