3D card support for CM

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Moon - I make them using a special code module in Combat Mission. It's all automatic. I just select a gun, a tank, an ammunition type, and the max range I want displayed, and the program generates the image. So the charts I create are exactly how Combat Mission models the penetration. It's not an approximation.

We'll be using this to generate a whole truckload of penetration diagrams to release with the game. Betcha don't get that in East or West Front, huh! wink.gif

Charles

Charles,

Hell in West Front you can play the "advanced game" which actually takes tank facing into account as an option. WOW, shock, horror, amazement. Let's not be mentioning WF and Cm in the same breath any more ok? wink.gif

Moon,

Yeah I sure do. That one got personal fast wink.gif. Serves the JA2 folks right for saying JA2 was "more realistic " than 101st Airborne in Normandy ;) ... SOOOO a game in which mercenaries survive 2 or 3 grenade hits and a few bullets with a grin is more realistic than 101st Airborne eh? hehe yeah right !

In fact currently a Talonsoft-lover has shown up on the Battle of Britain forum and has been soundly bounced by about 5 or 6 dissapointed players. ( Who me sir? smile.gif )

Guest Big Time Software

WARNING: Shameless Plug Alert!

I wish the internet/media discussion about the merits and demerits of Talonsoft's Battle of Britain would mention a certain other game about the Battle of Britain released two years ago by a certain other company that, in my opinion, pretty much kicks Talonsoft's kiester... oh well... redface.gif

Charles

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 05-14-99).]