Why not the IPAD 1?

I am curious why the IPAD 1 cannot run this game since your app is the only app i have ever seen that cannot run across Ipad 1, 2, and 3?

Compare the processor and 3D benchmarks of the iPad1 and iPad2; there's a pretty substantial difference. While I'm not privy to the details, I would presume that "dumbing down" the game to make it capable of running on the iPad1 is simply not an effective use of the developers' time. I'm sure that if the developers felt the could get the game running on an iPad1 in a reasonable form, they would do so -- why would they deny themselves this market if they didn't have to?

The simple fact of the matter is that tablet computing is currently in an explosive, rapid innovation phase. Regardless of whether you're looking at iOS, Android, or some other platform, technological advances have been quite substantial over the past few years, and for the immediate future, this trend shows no sign of letting up. "Yesterday's tech" is ancient history, in this market.

A decent parallel would be warplane technology in WWI. Compare the aircraft that combatants went to war with in WWI in 1914, to what was fighting just 2 years later, in 1916. Pretty huge difference, and most of the aircraft flying in 1914 would be sitting ducks in the skies over Europe in 1916.