Tactics III -- based on Avalon Hill's Tactics II

Ok, so I’ve been waiting for someone to build a PBEM campaign that matches two evenly matched fictional antagonists. Looks like everyone is locked on to WWII historical or semi-historical so I am going to give it try myself.

I dusted off an old friend of mine – Avalon Hill’s TACTICS II – for inspiration and plan on converting it to a PBEM SC2 campaign. TACTICS II introduced me to war gaming 35 years ago and I am looking forward to incorporating the capabilities of SC2 to bring life back into this classic game!

My questions are which SC2 are most people playing and which format do you think would work best for a TACTICS II remake?

Right now I’m toying with the idea of SC WWI but set the game up as WWII.

Ok, so I’ve been waiting for someone to build a PBEM campaign that matches two evenly matched fictional antagonists. Looks like everyone is locked on to WWII historical or semi-historical so I am going to give it try myself.

I dusted off an old friend of mine – Avalon Hill’s TACTICS II – for inspiration and plan on converting it to a PBEM SC2 campaign. TACTICS II introduced me to war gaming 35 years ago and I am looking forward to incorporating the capabilities of SC2 to bring life back into this classic game!

My questions are which SC2 are most people playing and which format do you think would work best for a TACTICS II remake?

Right now I’m toying with the idea of SC WWI but set the game up as WWII.

I've never played Tactics II but I have played many games of Blitzkrieg and that should also be a good game to try in the SCII format (Great Blue vs Big Red). Your choices are the ones I'd make.