Quick Battle experience.

I don't normally play quick battles but I just got CW module for my birthday from my gf :D (And its amazing, the maps are all so pretty.) Anyway I had a couple ones I wanted to post about. first battle was a British independent airborne company minus one platoon. And DANG! one platoon came as crack with hign motivation and leadership, and the other was veteran fanatic, and they are chock full of piats and mgs and smgs. I was very impressed.

But the even more notable thing was the support they received from a heavy motor company, minus all but 1 platoon. These are why I brought up this battle. They seem almost impossible to attack against. I bought 3 TRPs which brought down the call in time from a mere 4 minutes to colossal destruction, to just 2 minutes!!!!! These 4.2 inch shells sure arnt F'ing around. My elite fighting force cut down the mechanized SS like they had no chance, which they didnt.

Which brings me to my next battle and topic, mass surrender to the dirty nazi ai controlled attacker.

Has any one else seen 50 plus white flags at one time?

For my next battle I went the opposite route, I got as many bad troops as I could. I took a canadian infantry battalion put it on all the lowest setting and took out as little as possible to fit a light field gun small group and a few trps(which barely helped, 19 minute call in or 10 minutes on trp). Same cost as my last group but about 4 times more guys. Mechanized SS attacking again. This time all but my 3rd line of defense just runs away on first contact. my whole tons of dudes in a short range reverse slope defense strategy was a lot more heavily flawed than I imagined. I cease fired about half an hour in after they had cleared and occupied the objective (capturing most of the defenders) and crushed my fighting capacity. I think we killed 50 men and destroyed 20 armored vehicles. We still had slightly more men alive than them around 100, but we had over 100 killed, 80ish wounded, and 140!!! missing/captured! It was SO COOL!

So, moral of the story, if you wanna win as brits in a QB, try using part of the heavy mortar company (from the mechanized formations) with some TRPs and or the independent airborne company. And don't as many of the lowest quality troops as you can.

Anyone else know of an artillery that they think is kinda OP (over powered)/ a super awesome win helper? And I already know about US rockets being considered OP but since I don't want to call in a bunch of rocket strikes on the same spot to get some good effect I don't think they are that good of a purchase even at the super tiny price. I guess I'm thinking more on the defense, us rockets seems like they gotta be a decent deal for attacking a town but in my experience on the defense the dust they make helps the attacker more than they do any damage.