Questions from a new guy.

Greetings everyone. I have recently read a preview of Combat Mission at OGR.com. So I came here to check things out. First and foremost I like very much what I see. I have read the FAQ and a bit of the forum. And I still have some questions.

1. When is the projected date of release of the final product?

2. When is the projected date the beta? Will there be a beta test? Open or closed?

3. Is there a date that you have set that you will stop trying to add features and concentrate on stomping bugs and fine-tuning?

4. Will CM's Multiplayer have a matching service (i.e. Heat, Ten, Zone, or Kali)?

I am rather new to the pure war game scene. Of late I have desired to find a game of pure tactical combat: and still be fun, exciting, and visually appealing. CM certainly looks to have them all. When you get close to release; you definitely need to get an Internet advertisement campaign going to generate more interest. Your game is somewhat languishing in obscurity; it would be a shame for such a bold project to fail.

Just found this article at OGR.com. Which was posted shortly after my posting here.

Battlefront.com announced via their mailing list

that the beta version of their upcoming war

game, Combat Mission is in the final testing phase.

The war and strategy gaming site also

announced that they will eventually release a

beta demo of Combat Mission to the general public.

Obviously the beta demo will be missing a

number of key components which will be

available in the final product, like multiplayer

support.

On a side note, new screenshots from the game

are available at

www.battlefront.com/products/worldwar/cm.

Combat Mission is a wargame featuring

simultaneous order resolution, three-dimensional

terrain and objects, Play By Email Support and

enhanced graphics. The game pits German forces

against allied forces during World War 2 (January

1945).

[This message has been edited by Darstand (edited 08-23-99).]

Guest KwazyDog

Hiya Darstand smile.gif I have a feeling you may have gotten missed in all the message in the past 24 hours, hehe, so I will do my best to answer your questions...

1) I *believe* that would be somewhere around the 3 month from now mark...

2) Very soon smile.gif

3) I believe that CM has reached that point already, but the guys are always open to new features that will add to the realism of the game. I believe just last week Charles added in a couple of new features for MG's, that allow them accuracy bonuses under certain conditions.

4) Umm, Im not sure on this one, though I am certain there will be something as such...

If you havnt checked it out yet, go and have a look at http://combathq.thegamers.net for a very interesting match just beginning. Im still reading it myself smile.gif

Hope this helps, Im sure Steve will add a thing or two down the track.

Guest Big Time Software

Hello Darstand,

Glad you found your way here. Answers to your questions are as follows:

1. We are planning on coming up with an informed guess after a couple weeks of Beta testing. But under no circumstances will we release the game until we feel it is ready.

2. Beta will be in a couple of weeks for sure. Beta testing is overbooked, which means it is as good as closed. Has been for about 8 months smile.gif

3. We have already entered the phase of not adding new features. EXCEPT when we find that new features are needed to enhance playability and realism without major coding work.

4. There will be many different ways to find people to play against. We do hope to work with Kali, but most of the other ones require money (in a round about way) that we don't have to give.

Steve