Quick campaign question

Guest KwazyDog

Guest KwazyDog

Hi guys. Ive just been reading about how you are handling campaigns in a previous thread and i think it sounds great! I only played the grand campaign in CC3 once because of the way it was structured. But anyway, CC3 is totally another topic smile.gif

Just a quick question about CM campaigns I havnt seen asked. Will combat damage (to buildings, etc), and knocked out vehicles be retailed between battles.

Im mainly thinking from the perspective that if a road through a forest gets block by damaged vehicles, will it become clear next time you are there, or will you need to find an alternate route?

Thanks smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Damaged/destroyed stuff will move over from one battle to the next. However, depending on the circumstances, a lightly damaged vehicle might be back in action.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Also, some knocked out vehicles, provided they did not burn, can be recovered and returned to the campaign (a few battles later) if the wreck is within friendly lines. This gives the German the incentive to pump shells into wrecked Shermans to make sure they burn.

Charles

Guest KwazyDog

Sounds great, its good to see that you guys are really manking sure that the game behind the graphics is as realistic as it can possibly be! smile.gif Thats something that has been lacking in wargames for some time. I like the fact you can recover vehicles too. It make sure you make them burn, and also encourages you to hold on to them where possible. I really like the campaign structure, with the larger map on which you battle.

Out of curiousity, is the pushing of vehicles like the guys mentioned in too? smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Not in yet so far as I know. The last build I had screwed me over because of this smile.gif I was moving 2 Jagdpanthers through some really thick woods, but a Bazooka knocked out my Puma. I had to backtrack the armor 500m back to the starting area, take a side road, and then 500m up to the front via a different way. Had the pushing feature been in I could have nudged the Puma out of the way. Well, at least it underscored the importance of having this feature!

Steve

Guest Lokesa

There was this trick for the Son Bridge map in CC2 where you'd rush a halftrack onto the bridge where it would be destroyed thus trapping all your opponents armor on the far side and basically negating them. Not that I have ever stooped so low, just a story I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend wink.gif

Although I tend to take advantage of situations like that I'm glad we won't be seeing it in CM